Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Are all hair straightening irons so damaging? which ones?

I seriously am SO bored of my hair. It has been the same for SUCH a long time- medium/long lenght.. curly.. and on top of that, the ends are so dead from coloring which i don't do anymore. I was wondering If I should be brave and cut a few inches off and buy a good straightener and strighten it every day? for a new look. How bad will this be for my hair, and what straighteners are less damaging? and do you reccomend I do this? thanks.Are all hair straightening irons so damaging? which ones?
First, yes, trim those fried ends. Second, invest in a ceramic iron. Try to only straighten every other day, and be sure to condition well in between. There are products made especially for hair that's going to be subjected to a lot of heat.Are all hair straightening irons so damaging? which ones?
first cut off a few inches like you were saying. Then buy heat protector spray. I use John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat defeat Protective styling spray. This helps ensure that your hair won't get damaged. Its only 6 or 7 dollars.





http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/product_detail.asp?productLine=frizz_ease%26amp;pid=123





Then buy smoothing cream. I use John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight fixation smoothing creme. It smoothes away frizz and keeps hair silky straight. This too is about 6 or 7 dollars.





http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/product_detail.asp?productLine=frizz_ease%26amp;pid=122





Then





Buy a chi hair straightener. They work awesome.





http://www.target.com/gp/search/182-4240002-2342764?field-keywords=chi%26amp;url=index%3Dtarget%26search-alias%3Dtgt-index%26amp;ref=sr_bx_1_1%26amp;x=0%26amp;y=0





They are expensive. Usually about 130 dollars. I have the black one and it works great. It is worth the money trust me.





I have long, extremely wavy blond hair, that has been died light blond many times and i it looks smooth and silky straight every time i straighten it.








You may also want to look into brazilian hair straightening. I'm considering getting it done. My mom recently did and its always perfectly straight and shiny when she wakes up.








Hope i helped. :)
heres what i did because i was tired of my look and i had dead ends.


i got all my dead ends cut off and then i cut about half an inch off. then my hair dresser added layers. she recomended the chi flat iron. so i bought the chi. with that i was told to use heat protection on my hair so i dont get any heat damage. ask your hair dresser which heat protector works best. and i really recomend the chi. my hair is so straight and it stays straight too. and even when i dont use heat protection for a long time like a month or two, my hair never gets damaged.. good luckk.

No comments:

Post a Comment