Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hair Straighten Iron?

I am a 17 year old boy and I straighten my sides, my lower back and perhaps a little bit the bangs. I have a big muster straightner with a silver part where the heat generates. I turn it on for about 30 seconds and then unplug it. I do this 3 - 4 times a week. I am not applying any heat protection or anything. I want to know if this is safe or if I am damaging my hair etc.P.S I only take about 3 mins or even less to straighten thoose parts of my hair.Hair Straighten Iron?
Any time you style your hair with heat, you end up damaging your hair which will give you split ends and dry out your hair. You can go to Walmart or Target and buy a cheap protectant for your hair like Nexxus Heat Protexx. I use it when I straighten my hair and I love it.Hair Straighten Iron?
when you say lower back....


you straighten your back hair?
Hmmm...well considering you still use heat in your hair, I think yes.


Sure, you unplug it and the iron isn't heating up as much, but its still hot enough for your hair to stay straight, right?


That means it more than likely damaging our hair.


I'm 13 and I try not to straighten my hair like crazy, why not try something else?


Like blow drying your hair straight?


Use a heat spray (i don't ahaha) but you should, it helps.


:)





(also trim your split ends if you have any)


good luck !
the time you use your straightener will not damage your hair but if you keep doing it on a regular bases it may do some damage. you should apply a heat protectant..ps im 19
no matter wat heat will damage hair,, and ii strongly sugguest that yu start putting a heat protection cream on yur hair,, there fairly cheap and yu can buy them at places like Sally's,, ii use the CHI brand and it comes in a little bottle thats sliver with a red top,, it works really good and smells good too..
It does damage your hair a little, so just use a strengthening shampoo. If your hair starts to look dry or frizzy use a heat protecting spray like Nexus Heat Protects. You spray it on damp hair before you straighten it. It works great.


Hope this helps.
yes its fine, you should use a hair protectant though.
i dont think so. i've been straitening my hair basically every day for two years with no heat protection and my hairs not damaged really. just trim your hair ends every six weeks or so and use conditioner.
Even if you only straighten for a few minutes damage can build up over time. It's always good to use a protective serum of some sort, they also make you hair much softer and smell really nice. I recommend CHI Silk Infusion from a salon or SOME drugstores. It smells like heaven, I am serious, and you only use a tiny bit. When your hair is damp run it through and dry it naturally or however, then straighten it and apply a little more to give you shine and softness. You'll want to eat your hair. :B
yeah heat low or high will damage your hair.


so you should use heat protective spray.


it's actually makes a huge difference to your hair


and it smells good.


but really try and not use hot tools so much on your hair.
you are most likely damaging your hair. but it wont be a big deal it wont become noticable, probably. if it does just go to any drugstore or whatever and get some heat protection. no big deal :)
it shouldnt im a chick and i dye my hair colors and straighten it every night and leave it on til im done with what i gotta do and i dont use heat protection spray and my hair is fine





but it might damaga your hair some
  • cosmetics online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment