Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Is that expensive hair straightening iron worth it? Where can I find it for less?

I forgot the name of it but it's like around $150. I have thick, dry hair that's naturally wavy. I love the way my hair looks straight but the cheap irons are damaging. I heard that the newer kinds that are more expensive are actually good for you hair, is that true? Where can I get one of these irons for the least amount of money?Is that expensive hair straightening iron worth it? Where can I find it for less?
yes! but you can get a chi for about $100 dollars at a salon or (higher end) beauty supply. it still damages your hair, but its not as bad as the cheaper one...plus it lasts much longer. my old straightener made my hair only stay straight for about an hour. It is also lighter and easier to use, and heats up really quickly. The only thing you might not like is that it doesn't have a temperature control (GHDs, which are a bit more expensive, do have one and can be purchased from Sephora. I have never used a GHD so I can't say how well it works, but I have heard they are really good.). I don't mind that it doesn't have a temperature control; but if you have very fine hair it might not be a good idea.


Be sure to always use a heat protectant! :)Is that expensive hair straightening iron worth it? Where can I find it for less?
You are probably talking about the Chi. All straighteners damage your hair-not just the cheaper ones. Putting that much heat on your hair is never good for it. I have a ceramic that I got for like $60-$70 at target and it works great on my VERY thick corkscrew curl hair. You can reduce the damage by using a good heat activated styling cream or hair protector. Also, if you are straightening your hair then don't wash it everyday.
You can buy good (not great) hairstraighteners at Pharmacy Plus. But if you want a great hairstraightener, i suggest Hair Banana's! They have some for good prices and they work really well! Or what i'm using right now is a straightener from your haristylist! They work so well and they're really quick! I have thick hair too and I find them so easy to use!! I sujest from your hairstylist and if they're too expensive ask them to reccomend a good place to buy one at a good price! =D
the CHI? yes it is a GREAT investment for your hair.


it is the least damaging of all flat irons on your hair so i would definatlty recommend it
Yeah it is the one that uses steam right? My mom has curly thick hair and she tried it out at the mall and it made it super straight!
You want a GHD.


http://www.the411onhair.com/hair-tools.h鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment