Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hair-straightening irons!?

I need help finding a REALLY good hair straightener, preferrably one under $50 and that has the ceramic plates (as opposed to the metal ones, which tear up my hair).





Know of any GOOD brands that actually work??





I have thick, waist-length, and very wavy hair...I need one that's gonna work!





Thanks! =)Hair-straightening irons!?
I agree with Wili. I have the Revlon ceramic plate flat iron. I paid under $20 for it and it works wonders with my hair which is very thick and naturally curly. It has heat settings from 1-25 and gets hot very quickly. I work at a salon and the Chi is the top of the line, but as a single mom, I get where you are coming from with the price range. I purchased mine because one of the stylist at my salon uses it on her clients and she has never had a problem with it. No need in spending unnecessary money when you don't have to. Try it out. You may find it at Wal-Mart, Target and Kmart all in the same price range.Hair-straightening irons!?
ye is the red one?


i have that


its soo good

Report Abuse



THE ANSWER TO YOU QUESTION IS AT THE TOP AND BELOW IS MORE INFO + TIPS!





YOUR HAIR WILL BE BETTER PRINT THIS OUT AND SHOW IT TO YOUR MOM!PLEASE READ ALL THIS INFO IT IS ALL MY OWN WORDS AND I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE SAME PROBLEMS! PLEASE LOOK AT THIS AND READ IT THROUGHLY!








Straightening: Well I bought a Conair for $36 Last year year for x-mas it works really good ( called the infiniti it is ceramic and has ion technology ). I am planing on getting a new one soon maybe a month or two. If you plan on straightening make sure to clean it off every time BEFORE %26amp; AFTER you use it with warm water and a paper towel. ( reduces static ) I would also recommend getting a new hair cut or trim to make your ends nice and even; having your ends / layers nice and even helps the actual effect of you straightening therefore it looks a lot better. Straightening comes with the disadvantage of spending 45 mins. to maybe and 1 and a 1/2 hours to straighten ( DEPENDS ON YOUR METHOD IT TAKES ME 23 EXACT MINUTES! )


MY METHOD: '; Turn on you straightener and while allowing it to heat up take the top part of your hair ( on the top of your head) and put it a bun ( on the top of your head ). NEXT take a piece of hair maybe 1 and a half inch wide ( depending on the size of your straightener )NEXT take your FULLY HEATED straightener and bring to the top strand of hair squeeze together and bring down very slowly BUT at any costs do not stop keep a SMOOTH motion. NEXT finish the gliding of the straightener and when you take it off you should see steam. if you dont try it again or you straightener may not be fully heated ( allow more heating time.)NEXT do all strands UNTIED ONES. THEN when finished and satisfied take another hair-tie and tie it back ( loosely! so you dont CRIMP your straightened hair. NEXT take out the bun and straighten that hair the same way. UNTIL you get to the back part of your head then untie the ALREADY straightened hair and finish. FOR BETTER RESULTS STRAIGHTEN THE REST ALL TOGETHER AFTERWARDS AND COMB ONLY BRUSHING MAYCAUSE STATIC!





HEAT PROTECTANT SPRAYS FOR STRAIGHTENING DO NOT WORK DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AS LONG AS YOU CLEAN IT LIKE I SAID YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!








Chemiclly Straightening:


I do not actually recommend chemial straightening cause it ruins a lot of people's hair. I know a friend who payed $260 do get hers done but it is fine, and it is undamaged. Un-like straightening you dont have to do anything to your hair besides wash it and go in every so often to get it re-done. But this also comes with a dis-advantage it is permenantly straightened until chemicals wearoff; you could have it permenantly, ( be careful and have a well trusted profession do this you could ruin your hair for life!!! )





straightening sprays / creams:


I think both of these are a total rip-offI have tried to use them before I spent $120 on a 6ounce bottle!!! and it was a TOTAL waste!





GoOd LuCk AnD bE cArEfUlL Of BuRnInG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you asked about one that is under $50, but i use the Corioliss. It works quick and great on my waist-length hair. It can straighten and curl. It's ceramic, and it heats up quick too. You can get a basic one for $100. If you don't want to get it online they're usually sold at malls in those little booth stores.
I would only recommend a Chi iron, but they cost $100.
Yeah...go to the mall and theres usually stands in the middle. Look for a Corioliss..its like 150 to like 300$(there worth the moola!) but try to reason with the seller!


You know? Maybe it will lower the price!*lol*





Xoxo


Audge*Paudge
If you can find someone who has a hairstylists liscense, you can have them go to a beauty supply shop and get you one of the really good ones not available to the public. They also tend to get really good discounts, so you shouldn't have a problem. My best friend had her sister buy her a chi iron and it's the best thing you can find and she only paid $65 for it.
bought one for my daughter, had to pay $129.00 for a good one , Go to a beauty supply store , they'll help you find somthing in your price range.Don't use a cheap one on your hair, they aren't that good to use on your hair anyway
go into a beauty supply store and ask
I use the Wet to Straight and it works really well and does not damage my hair. Its about thirty dollars. You should try it!
Go to Sallys and ask them because they will recommend an iron for your hair type
Maxi glide . It works great
I know you mentioned ';preferably under $50'; but I would definitely recommend the CHI flat iron!!! I have thick naturally curly hair.. and I mean tight curls, but the CHI is the best iron I have ever used. It not only straightens my hair almost effortless but it doesn't dry out my hair or break the ends. I bought mine at a salon for about $130. It was the most I had ever spent on something like that but I must say that it was the best investment I've ever made.
I have thick, curly hair and I use the Remington wet - to- straight hair flat iron on it. It works great!!! I also use it on my dry hair for touch ups. It costs like $30. You can find it in most department stores.
I love my flat iron. It's a Revlon ceramic and it was under $50. I got it at Wal Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment