Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hair straightening iron?

I'm Chinese and I have naturally straight hair but there's this new hairstyle that I want that requires my hair to be really straight. So before I buy the iron, I was wondering if I could buy those $20 ones from CVS or walgreens. I know the more expensive ones have more heat, but what's the difference as long as it gets my hair straight? How much heat do I set it to so that it doesn't burn my hair? And will using it everyday damage my hair? Thanks if you can answer all my questions~Hair straightening iron?
no, if you use some heat protecting serum then it won't damage your hair too badly. just get it trimmed every 6 weeks and condition well.


with more heat, it will go a lot faster. if you don;t have much heat, then you will have to go over and over the same piece of hair over and over again.


if you;re going to use it every day, it's worth getting a good quality Straightener. just shell out like 60 bucks for one, and get one that's ceramic plated and hastourmalinee, if you're straightener only has ceramic coating, then it will wear off and do damage to your hair. the tourmaline helps de-frizz your hair.


if your hair is already straight, start it at medium heat. if it's not working fast enough for you, put it hotter.


good luck!


:)Hair straightening iron?
i dont think it really matters which straighteners you use but some might take longer to get it really straight, i use the amika ones and they go to about 220 and my hairs not damaged, i dont think it matters as long as you use heat spray and condition your hair well and its not too hot like anything over 230 is probably not good :-) x
My flat iron is a Remmington Wet2Straight. It's only about 20 dollars and it works really well. As for the heat situation, the flat iron comes with a chart to tell you the heat you should set it to.
Buy one that's over $70, and you won't regret it. Also, the cheap ones tend to break down easily and damage your hair more over the long run.
A really good straightner is more than $20. Buy one that's over $30, and Revlon and Bed Head have the better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment